background-cute one

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Basketball, Andrew, Jimmer, and Other Important Things

So I may or may not be obsessed with BYU basketball... Actually, I just am. There is no way around it, and I have no excuse, or, I have no reason. And I don't need one. As part of the BYU nation, I am responsibly worshiping at my Jimmer shrine and following all games and records that say JIMMER anywhere near it. This obsession, healthy or otherwise, is constantly fueled by Andrew and MJ. I must say that it is terribly exciting to be encouraged in an obsession by two people who are equally obsessed with that same obsession with which you are obsessed. Lovely, no?

But we didn't win the MWC today. Jimmer made 52 points in last night's game, and tonight?... Only 30. But he played the whole game. Crazy. Poor boy must have been tired.

Speaking of last night, Andrew and I sat around and watched a whole lot of Shakespeare, mainly adaptations of The Taming of the Shrew. We watched the good old classic with Elizabeth Taylor, and then ran back up the hill to return it to the HBLL before the 4 hour check out was over at 8:44... And then we stopped in the Wilk... and went in... and became part of the crowd pressing against the bars in front of the BYU Bookstore, because there was a TV in there that had the game playing. And that was one heck on an amazing experience. There was only five minutes left, and there was a lot of bonding going on with us kids outside of that gate. Good times, good times. It was also stressful, because we couldn't hear, and we could hardly see what was happening since it was so far away... But this one chap had brilliant eyes, and he could see the tiny numbers on the bottom of the screen, so he kept us lowly people updated. Kindly man, him.

After winning that game (and therefore second in the Conference), Andrew and I came back home and watched Kiss Me, Kate, a musical version of the movie we had just watched. That was exciting. I think that I am going to get Andrew some of those costumes. I think he'd look rather dashing sporting those yellow and pink tights, don't you?

Andrew's just been a real peach going along with me this weekend. My Shakespeare class requires a lot of attention, and he is very supportive the whole way. What a wonderful little ... I just looked over at him to receive some inspiration for a comparison, and I am left for ... I have no words. He's shlumped back, sunk halfway into the couch cushions, with his legs extended out onto the coffee table. He's wearing mismatching socks (MY INFLUENCE! :) I'm so proud... polka dots and argyle!) and is staring blankly into the computer screen perched on his lap. He is a very handsome old caveman. He also had two fingers scratching the top of his head when I looked over. Yup. That's my old guy. :)

Life is getting increasingly better. The stresses from this week are starting to go away. Granted, the new stresses from this next week are already looming on the horizon, but what's the point of life if you can't be happy? A joie de vie is NECESSARY to make it through anything. I am happy. Life is wonderful. Maybe it's because I got a 94% on my French test. Maybe it's because I have a wonderful friend puddle in APT 9. Maybe it's because MJ and I are both cripples today. Maybe it's because I have a wonderful, wonderful old caveman who calls me his little lady. Maybe it's because I'm at a great university. Maybe it's because I live in a cute little apartments with sweet girls who help make it a home. Maybe it's because I have so many blessings that I can't count them all.

Or maybe it's just because I'm wearing Passionate Mulberry polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment